Sunday, August 24, 2008

Postgame Festivities

After the game on Friday night, I hit the links at the Pitch and Putt course in Flushing Meadow Park. T-Bone is getting very serious about golf, while The Franchise usually just swings the club a few times and gives up by the eighth hole. I am somewhere in the middle, but probably closer to T-Bone's zeal for the game. I never liked golf and I don't know if I would enjoy playing an entire 18 holes on a real course, but Pitch and Putt is perfect for me. There's only two clubs to use, no hole is further than 80 yards away and a kid barrels across the course throughout the night bringing me beer at eminently reasonable prices.

The problem is that I am 6' 4", I am left-handed and I don't own a set of clubs. You can rent clubs, of course, but even the longest clubs available are way too short for me to use comfortably. As a result, my swing looks absolutely comical - all arms and legs from a hunched over position. Take a look for yourself; I badly hooked this particular drive.

1 comment:

TW said...

There you are, smiting Jesus once again.